Tuesday, July 16, 2013

An American Saloon in Berlin? WHA-?

You saw right folks, there is an American saloon in Berlin.
Once Blake and I saw that we tripped over ourselves putting our cowboy boots on and running to the train station.
We spent the entire weekend in Berlin, but I think the most blog worthy part was the saloon (though I think he'd beg to differ).

So Blake and I swagger into said bar (after paying an €8 cover charge...ouch!) in our plaid shirts, jeans (mine was a skirt), and our boots.
All eyes were on us and they were all saying the same thing. "Geez! Stupid people are trying way too hard to look American."

We decided to take a seat in the back of the room. We ordered some Jack, Sam Adams, and burgers. This is the one place I can tell you that you get American proportions! However, they burn the patties to a coal and the ketchup is curry ketchup. It's like THEY were not trying hard enough.
Lucky for us, there was a live band that night. They mostly played songs from the Johnny Cash era that neither of us knew, but at the end they decided to go out with a BANG and play Margaritaville by Allen Jackson. Anyone who knows anything about country to parrot heads should be clutching your heart like a true fan. Jimmy Buffet guys....come on.

The bar was funny and I love being able to say that I went to Berlin's American Western Saloon, but golly gosh it was not the slice of home I was looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment