Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Let the Job Search BEGIN!

I did it!
I graduated! 

I have walked the walk and now have two very expensive papers saying that I took years out of my life to dedicate to learning. I now have a degree in German and another in Theater Studies with a minor in dance. When I was deciding what college to go to and what to study all my mom ever said was, "Do what you love." I did. I have learned a great many things, and more importantly, I have made a great many friends. 

So now what? 

Well, I told you I'd keep you up to date on my travel plans. 

Two weeks before graduation, I applied for a job with British airlines at the Denver International Airport (DIA). I go in for a pre-screening tomorrow so knock and wood and press your thumbs for me. 

"But what are your plans for after college?"

Oh the age old question. Well, I want to stay in Colorado for the next few years, but with the income I hope to be getting soon, I want to put myself through flying lessons. I want to work for an airline and hopefully work my way up to pilot in a few years. I know it's a major boy's club up there, but I'll see just what I can do. 

My next trip is going to be to Alaska with my family and my boyfriend. We plan on hiking, whale watching, ziplining, and LOTS of crab eating. I will post pictures and stories here like I always do, so keep checking back for more fun adventures.

2 comments: