Monday, May 13, 2013

Spring Has Sprung!

There are flowers EVERYWHERE!  
Being in Germany is weird.
Yes.
Weird.

When I got here from America, I had no problem with jet lag. The night I got here I walked around half of the city trying to find my building then proceeded to go to a party that was being held in my flat. I fell into a very exhausted sleep after that and my body changed time zones just fine.

However, the fact that I'm  writing this blog at almost 20:00 and the sun isn't actually going down yet, seriously throws me off. I'm just used to staying up a certian amount of time past sunset, and then all of the sudden I should be going to SLEEP AT SUNSET. Whoa bro.

Another odd thing is that Colorado has had three good snow storms since I put away my wool jacket. it's
not HOT here yet, but it is more than warm enough to pack my wool jacket away in the back of my closet. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited for the bright, warm days of summer, but I just miss how Colorado can change so much. Once you're bored with one thing, another weather patter is right around the corner for you.

One thing I love here though are the playgrounds. They have some of the coolest things here! Alex, Blake and I found zip lines. ZIP LINES! I think we had more fun on those than any kid near by, and we're all between the ages of 20 and 22. We're cool.

It's starting to get realy nice here too. Just last week I relized that I only packed a few skirts and two pairs of shorts...
Well, I guess it's time to learn how to make cut-off jeans! That and it was time for a trip to the store.
I love going shopping with people for the most part... as long as they don't take too long. But this time was different. I was shopping for myself. I, sadly, dropped €100 on clothes for the summer. Granted, I got a lot and I won't need any more at all, but it was still very painful.
Silly thing though.... I walk into a German clothing store and I walk out with clothes like this:
You can take the girl out of Colorado...

No comments:

Post a Comment