Tuesday, October 6, 2015

DANGER! ATTACK OF THE BAGS!

If you were to ask me the worst part about my job there would be a few things that you would expect. Wearing a uniform every day. Angry customers. Security measures. Weird hours. If things go wrong, it could get very dangerous very quickly.

Any of these things could very well be at the top of the list, but, believe it or not.... none of them make that fabled number one.
Indeed not.
What could be worse than dangerous airplanes? Worse than angry customers in hordes? Worse than even not seeing family because you always work when they don't??

It's easy. Being injured. Do you know how many bags I have had dropped on my foot? How, when walking down the aisle behind the counters, someone moving a bag just hauls it into me because they didn't see me? Do you have any idea how many muscles I've strained trying to simply move bags?

Last night the Lufthansa flight was delayed by 3 whole hours which means that the bags came up on the carousel a mere 30 minutes before the Iceland air flight was slated to come up ON THE SAME ONE. Dressed in three layers as per uniform requirements, I was hauling bags off the belt as fast as I could grab the next one. Even working at full speed, I could not get all the bags off before the Iceland ones came up.

Exhausted, I went home and didn't see the results until the next day. Behold, the effects of dragging easily a hundred bags off the belt and using my knees as leverage.
Ouch

No comments:

Post a Comment