Monday, October 5, 2015

Overseas Training

About a month ago I went full time with Lufthansa and had to say good bye to my wonderful BA family. There was nothing wrong with BA and I still stop by the desk from time to time to see how they are doing.

Being full time with Lufthansa has given me a lot of flexibility when it comes to doing a wider variety of tasks. Because Lufthansa handles a few different airlines, I can work a larger array of tasks. About a month into this full time shenanigans, I was brought into the back office. The way my boss asked me to come back there, I honestly thought I was in trouble. Thankfully they were asking if I wanted to go to Frankfurt for lost and found training!

Let's see...business class flight...a week in Frankfurt...learning a job that lets me make my own schedule...

I SAY YES!

I proceeded to google everything there is to know about Seeheim and the Lufthansa training center. Did you know they have a swimming pool? And a bowling alley? And there's free beer and wine during training? It is one, if not THE, most modern conference center in Germany. Needless to say, I'm stoked beyond belief and I've been trying to keep myself from packing for the last week.

I've been in Frankfurt once before. It was my last trip when I studies abroad there, and if you're so inclined, you can read about it here. I was only able to spend a day there last time, so I'm excited to see what a week has to offer.

I was really hoping to see if there was a festival in town or something. I know that there are fall carnivals and such (outside of Oktober fest), but I have no idea where to find them. If anyone knows anything about how to find these Innenstad gatherings, please let me know. I would LOVE to be a part of one again. If not, I think I would be insanely happy to rent a bike and cruise the hills around Seeheim.

I'll let you know, in a week or two, what it is like to train with the largest airline in Europe!

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, pumpkin...I worry that if you rent a bike - there could be contusions involved!

    ReplyDelete