Thursday, February 14, 2013

PINK!

Dad decided that I needed some hard shell suitcases for my travels. Not only can you pack more in these, but your stuff won't be as squished and damaged upon arrival.
                                              GREAT IDEA! EH?
Seriously, who would have thought I would like these....?
He asked me if I wanted red, silver, or dark blue. Since we're going for something that was going to be VERY visible to me, I thought silver or red would be a good color. Dad puts in the order and a few weeks later a few very PINK suitcases come in the mail.

I have been starring at these every time I go in and out of my room (because they're parked right in the hallway outside my door). We opened them up today (to use to pack a weekends worth of clothes for the convention) and the insides are covered in pink with white polka dots. UGH!

In my parents defense, they looked FAR redder online.
But still.....
....though....
I think they are kinda growing on me.

At least I didn't LOOK like her in the dream....

In another aspect of my pre-flight life, I keep having stress dreams about Germany. Not all my dreams revolve around the travels I guess, but a lot of them involve me getting lost in an airport. Most of them include the feeling of being helplessly overburdened with luggage.

          One that has been reoccurring is all about me being in a maze of an airport, all the signs are in gibberish, I'm only about two feet tall and I have PILES of stuff on my back. I feel vaguely like the Junk Lady from Jim Henson's Labyrinth (the cool one with David Bowie).
I need to move to get to my next flight, but I can't move without knocking something over and I have no idea where to move to!
There have been several times where I had to SHAKE myself awake, get a drink of water, then try to get back to sleep.
       Other dreams I get, I'm missing people and hating Germany (GOD FORBID). So let's hope that they'll go away once I'm packed and secure in where I'm going and how I'm going to get there.

Also, I have a questions for people who have flown long distances before. I've flown max a 4-6 hour flight or so, but never more than that. Do you have trouble sleeping on those flights? I just think it'd be really uncomfortable sitting up like that. Let me know what you do to sleep better or relieve boredom if you can't fall asleep. Oddly enough, that's what I'm most worried about!

3 comments:

  1. It is, in fact, extremely uncomfortable to sleep on a plane in economy. Your knees will undoubtedly be smashed into someone's back and the person behind you will return the favor to you. There is almost always at least one crying baby, that you will eventually be able to tune out. You could try to chat with the people around you, but from my experience, most of them are grumpy because they are uncomfortable. Pray you don't sit next to someone who gets airsick because there will either be vomit in a bag, on the floor, or in your lap. To get to the bathroom you'd have to crawl over strangers' laps, unless you paid extra for an aisle seat, where you will be the one crawled over. However, after about six hours of this nonsense, exhaustion takes hold of you and you must choose whether or not you want to pass out. Cuddle up with your pillow and blanket, because you shouldn't put your seat back in case you end up cutting off the circulation in the legs of the person behind you.
    All that aside, you can read for as long as you'd like, listen to music, or watch the in-flight movie. If you can engage a person in conversation, you can meet some interesting people. If you're going to sleep, though, might I suggest you try to sleep during nighttime hours of your destination so your jet-lag won't be as bad.
    Sorry, it's so long but I thought I'd share my experience in long flightery. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I remember of my flight to Germany - you'll get so very bored with all of the things you brought to do...that you'll be able to sleep through all of the other distractions. Fortunately, you're small, so the size of the seat and the amount of legroom will be less of a factor that it would for someone my size. Contrary to the advice above, go ahead and put your seat back and be comfortable. Hopefully, the person behind you won't be too inconvenienced. You can always tilt it back partway - just to be considerate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Your advice will be very helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete