Saturday, February 23, 2013

Huntermanstraße

         This weekend Brad Prough brought me up to Cedar Ridge (think Grand Junction) to see his parents before I go. I feel like this is another family I've been adopted into (followed by the Bednarz family and the Axinns).
        I'm sitting up here listening to Kathi Prough talk to herself...or the computer.... I'm not quite sure... and Anthony Prough is showing off all the cool things about his shop. The snow is falling in big fluffy flakes as it has been doing most of the day. I'm exhausted from skiing all day on slopes I'm not sure I was really ready for.
        This is a nice vacation from the stress of packing, seeing people, and getting things done around the house before I go. They are telling me so much about Germany and I just learn so much listening to them talk to each other. Anthony is talking to me in German, and Kathi is telling me how to make different foods that she had. If I'm lucky I'll see these guys in Germany before I go, but if not, I'm starting to realize just how much I'll have to come back to.
        I don't only have my  own lovely family to come back to, but I have tons of friends who love me almost as most as my family. I have my (yes, MY!) Rocky Mountains that I will miss as well as puppies, ferret, and even my own bed. With only about 4 days left in the states I just want to send a heart felt kiss to everyone here and everything I'll miss.

        On that note I want to show you all my new flat that I'll be in while I'm in Germany! I just sent the money across the pond to secure the dorm, I have money in a traveler's account, and I have a chunk of money in Euros. All I really need to do now is pack clothes, otherwise I'm all set up to go. I'm even on a daily regimen of Airbourne (thank you Ma-ma).

I'll be back home tomorrow to have a drinks with Ben, a friend of mine who is going into the Navy then I'll take the next three days to clean and pack. That's all.

I keep thinking it's finally hit me, but I don't think it's ACTUALLY going to hit me until I land in Dublin. If you hear of a crazy, American girl who had a heart attack in the Dublin airport.....it's probably me. I've said good bye to most people face-to-face at this point, so I'll see you all in five and a half months! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment