Monday, March 18, 2013

An Irish Holiday Celebrated by Not-So-Irish People

I get back to the university from Amsterdam at just after 1 in the morning. I grab my bike and head back to my dorm. Do I go to sleep like I should? NOPE! I stay up, post a blog entry, and then upload pictures. So somewhere close to 3 in the morning, my head finally hits the pillow.

Sunday I wake up and realize that there was going to be a party! OH NO! So instead of cleaning up like a good person, I ended up working on an ongoing video project I'm starting. I'm trying to take fun and neat videos to put them to the song "Where The Streets Have No Name" by U2. I really look forward to posting that when it's done. It already gives me chills. :)

Cute Dutch Boy (Marijn) came over after that and brought his guitar. He sang me a song and it was quite lovely. Since he sang me a beautiful song I deemed him worthy of having some of my food that mom sent from home. She sent me some good tortillas and beans to make my favorite burrito. The entire time I was putting it together, Marijn was making comments about how cooking was very different in America. granted, I wasn't cooking, I was preparing, but still.

Also, he's a really good singer.
Check out him playing his guitar and singing at the party here:
♫♪♫♪

At said party I broke a table, and I wasn't even dancing on it. What a shame. :P
I was just standing on it because everyone around me was so much taller than I am, and my heel just went through the top of the table. Well dang. Guess I owe them another €5 table....

The rest of the night was filled with shenanigans and singing VERY LOUDLY to some of our favorite songs....and cool hats. There were some cool hats going around.

Also, don't ever drink absinthe.

It's just not worth it

....

that is all...

No comments:

Post a Comment