Wednesday, March 13, 2013

God Gave Me You

I've come to a certain realization within the last 24 hours or so.

Last night I was looking to see if I brought any scissors so I could cut my bangs (I'm getting a bit shaggy...) and I found that I brought some by accident in my laptop bag. Granted, they are little kids' safety scissors, so I can't do anything with them. Then I started thinking, hey now, this laptop bag was a carry-on. So I brought scissors through not just the security check in DIA But also the ones in Chicago and Dublin! How does that even happen?

Seriously, think about that for a second....

So with that in mind I went to sleep.

Today I went to class and it went more or less like normal. Outside was sunny then snowing then more sunny then MORE SNOW. All in all it felt like home. After lunch we got brought to the computer lab to watch a video and answer questions on it. The video was ALL about sign language and a "hand rapper". The teacher and I got into a discussion about how even though sign differs from region to region, it's fairly universal. I always thought it wasn't. I got so excited because I understood not only the German but the sign as well in the video. Having the ability to speak German AND speak to deaf Germans in sign language opens SO MANY doors I thought weren't even doors at all! It's like a whole wall just up and left right in the middle of your morning tea and the sun light just floods into your kitchen. It was like that!

Then I walked through the cemetary to get to the DHL shop on the next block. It was a beautiful, sunny walk. When I got the package I took a seat on the bench in the cemetery to open it and proceeded to start bawling. Between the song that came on my headphones Click here to listen to the song! :D and reading the card she gave me I burst in to tears. I haven't felt so far away from them as I do now.

Somewhere deep inside of me has been telling me I needed to go on this trip since I first started planning. I wasn't sure if it was just really wanting to find other Popkens or what. After today though, there is no doubt that I need to be here right now. You can attribute it to what ever force you think drives the universe. I am going to believe that God has a great plan for me here and I am so very excited to see what is in store.

No comments:

Post a Comment