Saturday, March 9, 2013

Erdinger Weissbier (Hefe-Weizen)

Alex and I hugging it out in die Pinte. 
Just ignore the blue and focus on the delicious beer....
Beer.

Yes. Beer.

Beer here is cheep. Beer here is everywhere. Beer here is fantastic. I finally understand what all the hype is about. Back home I hardly ever drink beer and think it's rather icky for the most part. The only time I ever liked beer was when Brad Bruchs gave me some German stuff. You can buy beer here in the Markt for something like 26 cents a bottle. The best part? Even the cheep stuff is GOOD BEER! Becks is only €1 every Wednesday at the Pinte (student run bars in the dorms).

One thing about drinking here I've noticed is that even though beer has more alcohol, it takes me several beers to get anywhere near feeling drunk at all. I think I'm already starting to get used to the altitude, but the first time I went out I rode my bike home in a totally straight line thinking I didn't feel any different at all. This, however, is a fantastic thing. Who REALLY want to get that drunk in a city that is far FAR away from home?
NOT I!

Even though all beer here is good, I've found the one that I love the very mostest.
Erdinger Weißbier (Hefe-weizen)
It's the best I've had here so far. 


Yesterday, after getting back from class and cleaning up my dorm really quickly, Marijn came over (Look! Cute Dutch boy actually has a name!) with a few bottles of Erdinger Weißsbier. Oh wait. You don't believe he's adorable? Here, have a picture:
Me       Marijn
Bear (Bernt)

Told you so. 

So he comes over and all of the sudden Alex tells us we are going to meet him at Fiddlers Green (no, not the amphitheater, the pub.) Marijn and I take a very COLD bike ride over to die Innenstadt. We crawled through Fiddlers until we figured we were the first ones there. Once Alex and Bear got there (Bear is a cool guy from Washington DC) we decided we didn't want to wait in the cold so we went to a less crowded bar across the street called Potts. It was filled with smoke and old people, but this is the place where I fell in love with beer....okay, at least that one beer. After having a beer there and almost dying of smoke, Cedric (this one is from Texas) let us know he was over on the other side of the street. So we book it over to a hookah lounge to hang out with him and two or three other friends (so much for trying to get away from the smoke, eh?) I think Bear fell in love with the hookah there....

At this hookah bar, they had soccer then REALLY BAD wrestling up on the projector over our heads. At one point during the commercials they were portraying Americans as such: (left)

Yup. I look like that on a regular basis.

Always























We finally finish and pack up to go down to the Pinte half way across the city. So we bundle up, grab our bikes (after I go play in the park just off the street) and we drive like a biker gang all the way down. It was really very fun despite the cold.

When we get to the Pinte, Bear buys us beer and then guilts me into playing table soccer with him where Marijn and I wipe the floor with Alex and Bear. Yeah, we rock.

The rest of the night saw me running up to the bar, taking a hand full of chips as sneakily as I could then booking it back across the room to jump onto the couch next to Marijn. It was a good night, and I guess you could call it a datechen between us. (English word: date. German ending: -chen [means small/adorable/little])
I look forward to what other fun and adventures I can find. And maybe wish me a little luck with cute Dutch guy? ;) hahaha

2 comments:

  1. Alex...cheep is what a baby chick says. I'm hoping the beer is cheap.
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete